Uncle Neal, Aunt Staci, the kids, and I went to visit a butterfly conservatory with nearly 4,000 free flying butterflies. It truly lives up to it's name of Magic Wings. It is indeed magical to be among so many butterflies from all over the world. They were so many, and they were all so beautiful. They also have lots of red, blue, and green frogs, iguanas, lizards, hissing cockroaches, snakes, and things like that.
Erin, of course, loves Magic Wings and begs to go back. Sean loves it too, but he has a hard time with the "no running" and the "don't chase the baby birds" rule. It took Shannon a while to warm up to the idea of things flying around her body. She never cried and she didn't complain too much, but while others were busy trying to entice a butterfly to land on their hands, Shannon was busy warding them off. My brother, Neal, had one land right on his nose. I wish I could have gotten a picture of that. I had several land on me too, including the bright blue one pictured above on my back.
Erin and I are planning a trip back one day, hopefully soon. I think I will read a book while Erin stands like a statue trying to be a human butterfly perch.



1 comment:
magic wings is a really fun place. i would like to do a family outing there, but i guess it will wait until the house is done.
Post a Comment