I believe there are angels among us. I believe this because these angels, and there have been many throughout my life, bless my life beyond explanation and I call them my friends. One such ANGEL was at my house today!I mentioned in an earlier post that Bill had this shindig at his work where he had to provide lunch for the management team, about 15 people. So yesterday, I cooked all afternoon and evening, even though it was Sunday and even though I was ill. It was tons of work. I made a chicken and sausage gumbo, a crawfish ettouffe, and a southern-style potato salad, while Bill injected 3 chickens with a secret spicy sauce to marinade overnight. I certainly had lots of help from my BFF, you know him as Bill. He was my sous chef, and he chopped, peeled, skinned, diced, and did every little thing I needed help with. He also entertained, fed, and put the kids to bed. I know you gals think you caught the best man, but you might just be wrong. =) LOL.
Still there was lots to be done today, and there at my door, was an ANGEL to help. This sweet woman helped me finish the rest of the menu. I still had corn bread muffins to bake, a yummy spinach salad with strawberries, pears, almonds, and poppy seed dressing to make, lots of rice to cook, and little odds and ends to gather and load in the car to take to Bill's work by 11 AM this morning. Yikes. I would have never made it all come together, and on time, without my angel's help. Everything was perfect, well, except for the gumbo, which I burnt, it's a sad story.
So there I sat in my car, driving home, and thinking what a blessed woman I am, even if the gumbo smelt like an ashtray, no lie! By the time I returned home, my angel friend had not only watched my little Sean, but she swept my sidewalk, deck, and kitchen, she mopped, washed dishes, cleaned, organized, fed my little one, and just made my day!!! I don't know how she managed to do all of that, but I am a grateful recipient of her service. It was just what I needed!
So, to all of you out there who don't feel like you can make a difference or that unless you can do something big then why bother, you are wrong. While I was the receiver of BIG service today, many times I have been the receiver of small service. Small service means just as much, and both kinds enrich my life just the same. So, do something little for someone today, and if you can't, for whatever reason, then learn to accept other's service(a very hard lesson for me to learn) when you need it. I think you will learn, that if your heart is in the right place, you will be grateful for both experiences, to serve and to be served. So today, I feel loved in every way because, as of late, Angels have written and spoken kinds things of me and to me, loved me in spite of my shortcomings, and did for me what I could not have done for myself. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!



2 comments:
i wonder if we know the same angel. i also believe in angels & am thankful for those who listen to the spirit and help us. awesome! i am also glad that most everything worked out for your crazy, busy lunch!
hmmm I need that angel at my house :)Can you pass on my number....hee hee.
Post a Comment