Saturday, September 20, 2008

Time Out for Women!

I just attended "Time Out For Women" in Springfield, MA.  Wow, I love this event.  I remember attending one in Chicago, IL several years ago, and I just completely enjoyed myself.  This one in MA was just as spectacular. 
There were two sessions, one last night and one all day today.  The feeling of sisterhood, hope, love, and joy just permeated every cell of my being.  I am grateful to have the event so close to home, and to have my sweetheart watching the kids while I recharged.  
I stayed up until about 11:30 last night giving Bill every little detail about who from our ward was there, who the presenters were and what they said, who the singers were and what they sang.  He was very kind and patient listening  to every detail without complaint, even though I'm sure he would have rather heard the 500, or less, word version.  At any rate, I talked and he listened!
During last night I tossed and turned, even though I was very exhausted and should have slept soundly.  Darn weather, just when I start to feel somewhat normal, the weather turns cool, and all the arthritis and painful, stiff joints start to kick in at a higher, more painful level.  This happens every year, and it always steals away  my delusions of a "normal" healthy life.  Boy, I just can't wait until winter. ;)  So, I woke up this morning walking very slowly, and running a slight fever.  Well, nothing was gonna keep me from that "Time-Out" event, so I started the LONG process of getting myself out the door.  I was late, and missed the first 45 minutes or so, but I FINALLY made it!!!  WAHOO! Better late than never, they say. There are more details involved in what actually had to happen to get my old, creaky body to the building this morning, but I don't feel the need to bore you with the details. I would, however, be ungrateful not to acknowledge that it took nothing short of a miracle to pull me through in the end. The Lord knows us each individually, and He knows our needs!  
Now, I feel completely rejuvenated.  I am overwhelmed with JOY, love, support, and understanding for myself, the LORD, my family, and my dear sweet sister-friends.  I have hit the jackpot living here, and I am overwhelmed with the love I feel for, and from, the women in my life.  In spite of all of the curve balls life seems to throw my way, I realize that I really have it pretty good.  I want for nothing essential, and the things I have to tolerate and endure are for but a moment when you take the BIG picture into consideration.  
If you have the opportunity to attend "Time Out For Women" in a city near you, then do it.  It is worth your time and money.  You won't regret it, and you will be surprised at the emotional and spiritual spirit present at a commercial event.  It really is incredible!  So beware, I have a couple of post topics circulating in my brain, and well, they are all kinda churchy, and mushy, and stuff like that! 

4 comments:

another day in the life of... said...

it really was awesome, at least the part i got to go to. sorry you had such a hard time with your body... it looks like such a great body too. :)

Brianne said...

It was an amazing day wasn't it? We have a great group of women in our ward. I'm sorry you didn't feel good though.

adh said...

Aw... I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I know we don't know each other very well, because I don't attend church anymore, but I remember you from the two book clubs I attended. Reading about your pain really hit home with me. I'm in pain ALL the time. I've been in and out of the doctor's office, specialists' offices, the hospital, etc. for check ups, tests, and such. No one can find anything yet. But it's hard to live with sometimes. I'd love to talk with you about it sometime. Hope all is well. ~ Andrea

Anonymous said...

Bring on the churchy, mushy stuff. I always enjoy reading your spiritual thoughts. You have such a way with words that it comes out less mushy and more enlightening.
Karen

Thanks for changing the color.