Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Canning!


This is what I've been up to! I just put up another half bushel of peaches and a full bushel of pears. I now have 25 quarts of each. Although I really wanted to do more pears, I have decided that for this year, I am done with peaches and pears. All things in moderation. I don't have enough for the "year's worth of storage", but hey, I have more now than I had before. I feel good about that. In a couple of weeks, applesauce! Yum, Yum!
Now that I have some canning out of the way, it is on to packing. Life has been so busy lately. Erin is in school, Shannon starts tomorrow, Bill is heading out of town this weekend, Sean is a mess a minute, and I am exhausted! There is no rest for the weary, and worst of all it is raining AGAIN! Oh snap!

3 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

You are amazing! That's a lot of canning. I've never done pears but I understand they are a lot of work. Are they more work than peaches or about the same?

Jenn said...

I think peaches are more work, just my opinion though!

Kelly Tillotson said...

do you think we might be able to get together with the applesauce? I know you are so busy, but I wanted to learn (and maybe make a few jars as gifts at Brianne's shower)Ive also got to buy a lot of apples (for the shower), and wasnt sure if you were going apple picking--Im not familiar with any orchards in the area. Canning seems like a lot of fun (I canned peaches last summer with the Young Women) but thats about the extent of my canning experience!!!