Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kindergarten!


Today was a BIG day at our house, Shannon's first day of kindergarten! She was so funny. She primped in front of the mirror for a long time this morning making sure every hair was right in place. Funny enough she was trying to get her bangs to look like Link's, played by Zack Efron, in Hairspray. Isn't that just lovely? When we arrived in her classroom, she all but shoved me out of the door. Shan said, "This is my special day, and this is my kindergarten. See ya later, Mom!" Well, to be honest, I couldn't be more happy to leave you here all day, so toodles! I didn't really say that, but on the inside I was already celebrating. Yahoo...no Boo Hoos here!!! So, now it's just Sean and me! We are living large now! We have already gone on a wild shopping spree at the Salvation Army, spending a whopping $27 and change! Some people just get to have all the fun!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Congratulations Shannon! I still remember my first day of Kindergarten...I don't remember primping in front of the mirror though! She looks adorable. I hope she enjoys school.

Brownie Bites said...

Ahhh the salvation army. That sounds like fun. Especially with only one child that you can still reasonably restrain with a seatbelt. Yay for Shannon. Parker just started as well. He's loving it!

Lisa said...

That's exactly how I'll feel when #4 goes to Kindergarten. I figure that by the time he graduates from high school, I would have been raising kids for 34 years!

Tell Sissy I like her bangs!