
Alright, so my chore charts worked their charm, on the first day at least, and I tackled the project of removing the hideous wallpaper border from the hall. I am planning on painting this hall the same color we painted the living room, a honey tone.

As you can tell I had two little helpers. One of those, who shall remain nameless, had lots of advice on how I could do the work better. LOL

When all was done we had made quite the mess. My workers somehow disappeared for the cleaning part, but reappeared to help spackle. How very kind of them. I can't figure out why this pic is turned on it's side, but I give up. That's just the way it is gonna be! Ha.

The girls and I made a quick trip to the Home Depot and bought some more painting supplies. Next we were off to Stop and Shop to recycle our soda cans. We got $12.25 at $.05 a can, so you do the math. We had lots of diet coke cans. HEE HEE! I thought I would teach my girls about visiting teaching and so I took them with to visit Brianne. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Sorry Brianne. They were noisy and busy little bugs. Maybe next time I'll take Sean, so he can play with Owen. In a last minute decision we dashed off to Six Flags to catch the Glow in the Dark Parade and ride the carousel. That was fun. The girls loved it.

How about that for a busy day? I am so tired today. Maybe Daffy will come clean our house today when he is done at Six Flags! The chances of that happening may be just as good as the ones we have going on here! LOL
4 comments:
Jenn, it is amazing what you get done in a day... and with little ones all around!! I don't know how you can do it. My kids would be too much of a distraction and I wouldn't get anything done.
Believe it or not, I have NEVER painted a room before and I've been wanting to paint my upstairs bathroom. It's not a big bathroom, but I'm sure it would turn into a big deal for this painting novice. Any tips?
What a day! I think you are amazing and a great Mom, I think my kids would have heart attacks.
Lisa, Painting isn't too bad. It is all in the prep work. In the past when I have skipped the prep, like drop cloths or newspaper, masking tape, and stuff like that then the painting is a huge deal and a real mess. You can do it! You are the super woman remember! If I can do it, then anyone can do it!
Your girls were fine last night! Owen had such a great time with them, so you can bring them back any time you want. Sounds like the parade was fun!
Post a Comment