
Recently I discovered Sean with some writing on his forehead. When I asked if anyone knew how that could have happened, mysteriously no one knew. I, of course, could tell who had committed the forehead art, so I went right to the source. I asked, "Shannon, do you know how brother got those ABC's on his head?" "Yes, him did it himself," she replied. "Oh really, I didn't know that Sean could write his ABC's. Did you know that?" I probed. "Did you also know that his ABC's look just like your ABC's, how come that is little missy?" I questioned. "Okay mom, I did it, but you are the one who told me to practice writing my ABC's, so it's your fault!!!!" she confessed.
Wow, one lesson I have learned as a mother, is that somehow it is always my fault. It is my fault if they are hungry even if I just feed them a good home-cooked meal an hour ago, or it's my fault if they can't find their shoes because they don't put stuff away where it belongs, it's my fault if they don't get to do something because their chores aren't done, or if they are dead set on fighting with one another. I never knew I wielded so much power to control all of those things. I am always amazed and perplexed at how the minds of my kids work?!
1 comment:
I totally feel your pain. But look at his eyelashes. Beautiful.
Post a Comment