Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashback Fridays vol.4

So, I was going through a big bag of pictures, and I ran across this picture of Bill and his young men group from the Littleton, MA 1st Ward. Bill thinks he was about 17 in the picture. Don't they all look so 80s?
When we showed the girls the picture, we asked them which one is Dad? After about six guesses they finally got it right. Their first choice was the middle-aged, pasty white, balding man standing in the red "John Stockton" short-shorts. The subsequent guesses hopped around from one skinny white dude to the next. Bill kept saying to the girls, "Think young, tan, buff, and goooooood-looking." MERCY!!!! I said, "Look at their faces, and just a little hint....Dad had hair back then!" LOL. Erin picked him out immediately after those clues. There weren't very many people left to choose from after that. HA HA!
Erin wanted to know if this picture was taken before she was born or before Dad met Mom. Bill said, "Ya know those young missionaries that come over for dinner from time to time....this picture was taken before they were even born." Erin, with her jaw gapping open, replied, "Woe Dad, you are OLD. I mean really, really OLD!" Poor Dad, but he took it all in stride and we all had a good laugh at the expense of our wonderful and enduring DADDY!
Can you guess which one is Bill? Remember, think young, tan, buff, and goooooood-looking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize those people.... Kris, Brook, Brian, Doug, Dane... and I think, Scott Loring.

Ha, ha! Those were definitely the Tom Selleck days!

Jennifer said...

What fun !!

He seriously looks like someone who will grow up to convince poor innocent people to ride on roller coasters they have no business riding :)

another day in the life of... said...

I love the serious look on his face, and wow a mustach! At 17, was he just trying to show all his friends he could grow facial hair? I guess this picture shows him with more hair in more ways than one! Fun!

Natalie said...

Great flashback. That is fun to read about those good ol' days LOL