Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sisaroo!

Ahhh, my little sissy. I love this picture of Sissy from our photo session yesterday. She was mad that the photographer wanted her to say "cheese". There was no way she was going to say that, and so the photographer snapped the photo right at the onset of a small tantrum. That's our Sissy. She is spunky!
Today after church, Bill was loading the kids in the car when Sissy announces that she needs to go to the bathroom. I literally ran back into the church with her so she could use the "potty." While Sis was in the little ladies room, in which she insisted on going to by herself, I was checking out the white clothing available for baptisms. From an upstairs bathroom, I can hear Shan yelling, "Somebody come wipe my butt!" over and over again. This kid, she is my trial in this life. While I consider it a privilege to parent her, it is also a challenge. Thank goodness most everyone had already left the church and only a few stragglers were left in the building. So, I helped her all the while explaining to her that no one else in the church, or in school where she will be a kindergartner soon, will want to help her with that stinky ol' task! She rolled her eyes and matter of factly said, "Just do it Mom so we can go home!" Well, I guess she told me. Chalk one up for Sissy!

2 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

Its about time for our family pictures as well. I hope you post them. The new picture with your title is adorable. You and Bill are a good mix.

another day in the life of... said...

Funny! I can't wait for the post of her in kindergarten calling out to her teachers and getting so righteously indignant because they never come...