Denise Griffin is Erin's art/piano teacher and she in located in Southwick, MA. Denise is a great artist and she has just recently had her artwork put on permanent display at Boston Children's Hospital. You can check out her work at www.denisegriffinart.com. Erin had a great time and we feel grateful to have such a great talent that is accessible to our family. Erin completed lots of different art projects, but her favorite was her interpretation of "Starry Night" by Vincent van gogh.
As far as the piano goes, Erin LOVES that too. It really helps that her bestest friend takes lessons from Denise right after Erin's scheduled class. I love that she is so into the piano. I hope that she will always love it, and want to continue taking lessons. We are on a 5 week trial program. So far, so good. On the down side, I don't know how many more times I can possibly listen to "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas" played by a first week piano student in July!!!



4 comments:
Art Lessons - I am soooo jealous! I need to look into something like that for my kids - and for me. We started piano this year too. The boys are doing pretty good too. That is hilarious that she is playing Christmas songs LOL!
Amen to the Jolly Old Saint Nicholas in July thing. But just wait Old Macdonald is coming next week :)
Erin is talented, just like her mom. Keep posting her artwork. Looks great.
That's great that she likes the piano! I wish I would have liked it more when I was a child, maybe I would be halfway decent at it now. I was always complaining about having to practice though. So hopefully she will keep at it...great church callings come when you know how to play the piano!
Post a Comment