Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Daddy!

I have postponed posting this to our blog for a couple of weeks now. I have battled back and forth about making this post between the idea of keeping our friends and families, who live so far away, updated with us and then with the idea of giving an appearance of boasting about something like this. Bill was recently called to serve on our Stake High Council. So please don't take this announcement of his calling as an opportunity for us to brag about our Daddy, but rather as an opportunity for us to keep in contact with the people we love.
We find ourselves on familiar ground as Bill has held several callings that have been a great sacrifice to our family. We are all too well acquainted with the time such callings demand. So we head into this next season of our lives with our eyes wide open to what is required of each of us. Bill will attend another ward or congregation on most Sundays, leaving the responsibility of getting the kids to church and tended to falling upon myself. There will be extended hours of meetings and service on Sundays that extend well beyond our 3 hour scheduled service times. We realize that we will have to part with him during the week as well. All of this is done without pay, but as a token of our love and commitment to Jesus Christ. We have enjoyed our time with Dad, sharing the same pew, in the same ward for about 7 months now. It has been an unusual change of routine for us, and we are sad to see that part come to an end.
On a lighter note, I am happy not to have to correlate sharing the same tiny bathroom as we both TRY to get ourselves and our three kids out of the door, on time, each Sunday. No more trying to brush my teeth while completely bent over the sink thus allowing Bill to see himself in our teeny mirror above the sink to shave at the same time. We need his and hers bathrooms, or at least sinks. I realize that this is not a necessity, but it would be nice.
We are proud of our Daddy not because of his calling in the church, but because he is worthy and willing to accept it. We love him because he loves us, and we are a family. We love him because he is given this opportunity to bless others, through the power of the priesthood, just like he blesses our lives. We are proud of him because of who he is. His most important callings are that of husband and father, in which he tends to with kindness, love, respect, and integrity. We love him and are proud of him mostly because he is the patriarch of our family and he leads our family in paths of goodness and righteousness. He is not a perfect man, and we are not a perfect couple or family, but we love the Lord and try to do whatever is asked of us with complete dedication. We realize that while the sacrifices may be many, the blessings are greater. May the Lord bless us all as we follow His example and serve in His church.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill sure is looking more and more like Dad these days!

I love you, Bill, and I am proud of you!

XO XO

another day in the life of... said...

Congratulations! We were just wondering last night what his stake calling was, knowing that he had met with someone... If you need help during sacrament, there are plenty of people willing. Just don't ask me! :)

Brownie Bites said...

Bill back on the high council. I'm not surprised. I'll never forget his talk in our Ogden ward about marriage. At least that's what I remember it being on. It was a Come-to-Jesus talk. Blunt and to the point. I loved it.

He'll do a great job and so will you, Jenn. Lots more travel time for him I bet, as opposed to...well...anywhere in Utah.

another day in the life of... said...

How do you know a High Counselman is half way done with his talk?
He says, "Now in conclusion..."

Ha, ha!