
Any baseball fans out there? Did you see Jon Lester, left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and cancer survivor, pitch an awesome no-hitter last night? Well, if you didn't, I am sorry. You missed something spectacular and rare indeed! Thanks to our recent move to Massachusetts, we now watch baseball almost every night because we have NESN (New England Sports Network) in our cable package. We have also been watching the Celtics too! We are having so much fun together as a family. Our kids race to put on their Red Sox clothes as soon as they hear the game on TV. We have even been known to break out into some Paplebon-style dancing durng the game too! It is so fun, you ought to try it sometime!
Some nights the games are on late and the kids are already in bed fast asleep. This usually means Bill is sprawled out on the sofa, fast asleep too, "watching" the game while I am cleaning or surfing the web. One night, about a month ago, I came into the living room, with a load of laundry to fold, and I saw Bill with something yellow stuck to the side of his face. What in the world is that? Upon further investigation, I discovered that it was one of those round shapes that you insert into a Tupperware Shape-O toy. Apparently, he had been rubbing it on the side of his face and it had gotten enough suction on his cheek and stayed there. Ha! Now, I don't care who you are that is funny! We love our Dad. He never takes himself too seriously and he is lots of fun. We aren't laughing at him, we are laughing with him. Really, it's true.
The Paplebon, a Red Sox closing pitcher, Riverdance 2007



4 comments:
Hasn't this happened before? He cracks me up. How about this for Monday Musing..."Put a sock in it?" It seems pretty straight forward but I'm wondering if there might be more of a story to it. hee hee
Nope, only once...about a month ago! I did show you the pic when I was in Utah though!
I guess we should get with it and watch some New England sports but when we do we will be sure to remove any possible items that could create a "kodak moment":)
Funny! Just wait til the girls get a little older. Bill will fall asleep and they will paint his toenails!
Post a Comment