Saturday, May 24, 2008

Boys!

Welcome to our new indoor playground. This little guy thinks our sofa is his own personal training ground for his next big adventure- rock climbing. What is that old expression that my mom use to say? "If I had a nickel for every time you did _______, I would be a rich woman!" Now, I know this expression must have been on my list of things I would never ever, under any circumstances, say to my own kids, but I caught myself uttering these very words to Sean about climbing up the back of my sofa. It must be a boy thing, my girls never scaled anything at this age. I do find myself wishing it would be a safe thing for him to do because he loves it so much. He kisses the pictures of the girls in the window sill, points to the birds, watches Bill cut the grass, or waves goodbye to the girls as they go to play a the neighbor's house.
He even knows that he is forbidden to do this. He is always looking over his little shoulder to see if mom is going to ruin his big adventures. I just happened to snap a photo right at that particular moment when he was checking to see if the coast was clear. Busted again! Oh rats! If I sit with him, I do allow him to do this occasionally, lucky for him because he is the baby of the family. The girls aren't even allowed to put their feet on the sofa, in theory at least.

2 comments:

another day in the life of... said...

It only gets worse. Wait until he's bigger (like my husband) and loving to climb on the roof! I wonder how to stop him now?

Anonymous said...

He looks real scared of you, Jenn. He's just shiverin' in his boots!