
Hand over the Diet Coke and nobody gets hurt! Bill is out-of-town in Kentucky for the annual NRA show and I am home with the kids getting loaded up on caffiene. I know, I have heard all the words of wisdom (now, that's "punny"), lectures on aspartame, and every other blah, blah, blah reason not to drink Diet Coke (I like Diet Dr.Pepper too), but I am addicted. A little part of me wishes I felt guilty about this habit of mine, but I don't. Hey, I never said I was perfect.
Erin slept over at a friend' s house last night, and Sean went to bed at his usual 8 PM, leaving me with one very excited, bright-eyed, five year old wondering what spectacular things mom had planned for the rest of the evening! We watched High School Muscial 2(again), ate popcorn, played every known to man kids game on the computer, danced to the "Chick"munks (as my kids call the chipmunks), and played ABC Go Fish to the very late hours of the night. I even let the little turkey sleep in the bed with me because I somehow forgot that she talks in her sleep, wiggles, kicks, steals the covers, pushes me to the edge of the bed, and she has to sleep with what seems like way too many dolls, Barbies, and stuffed animals.
Do I need to say that the cosmos were not in my favor last night or this morning? My two little peanuts were awake long before the usual time that I have to drag them out of bed on a weekday. We even had a viewing of 101 Dalmations under our belts by 8 AM. Our house looks like a natural disaster has occured here, and I am sure we could qualify for some form of emergency relief from the federal goverment. I would be happy for some "merry" maids to come clean for me, but since that isn't gonna happen, I will just gulp down some more Diet Coke and get down to business!



No comments:
Post a Comment