
Before you all jump to the conclusion that I run around the house with my scriptures in my hand all day, I don't. I have just had some really remarkable spiritual experiences lately, most of which I will keep to myself. I promise to lighten things up here after this post about President Monson.
In my journal on April 6, 2008 I wrote:
"I shall never forget watching the Solemn Assembly, eagerly awaiting my turn to stand and vote for President Monson. It was moving to watch the First Presidency, the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, the Quorums of the Seventy, Stake Presidents, High Priests, Patriarchs, and so on and so forth stand and raise their right arms in support of the new prophet. After what seemed like a long time I stood in my living room dressed in my PJ's, with no make-up on, unbrushed hair, with housework to be done, with meals to be prepared, with kids to take care of, with tears of gratitude and confirmation streaming down my face as I raised my arm in support of Thomas S. Monson. I love him. I loved President Hinckley before him. I am grateful to be a member of this church, the restored church of Jesus Christ. I know it is His church on earth today. I know God lives. I know Jesus lives and loves me. I don't know all things, but this much I do know without reservation!"
At Women's Conference President Monson was the concluding speaker. Everyone stood as he entered the Marriot Center(MC). There were around 20,000 people in the MC and it was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. Spontaneously a small group of women started to sing "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet". Everyone joined in. What a powerful moment. The spirit was very strong. I had witnessed to me, once again, that this is God's prophet on the earth today. Many people will say that God does not speak to people anymore; that the heavens are closed. People will say that we have the Bible and that the canon of scriptures have too been closed. I am not a theologian, but no one will ever convince me that there is not a living prophet on the earth today and that God, who loves His children, has ceased to communicate with us. For me it is simple; I don't need a scholar to confirm it to me, I can feel it in my heart. It was a powerful experience to see President Monson and to hear him speak. I wish my family could have been there too!



2 comments:
Thank you Jenn. You are a rock of faith and I thank you so much for it and for being such a great example. Your testimony is just beautiful. And you don't have to walk around with the scriptures in your hands, I have a feeling they are already a part of who you are.
There is truly nothing more powerful than being in the room when the prophet enters and everyone sings "that" song. Very cool
Post a Comment