

Every other year I take off, without Bill and the kids, and attend Women's Conference at BYU! I love this conference. The presenters are always well prepared and I learn so much. I feel such a sisterhood with the women of the church, even though I usually only personally know a handful of the thousands of women who attend. It is a great bonding time for my friends and me since we all live miles apart now. I have lots to say about Women's Conference, but I believe it will take several posts to accommodate all my thoughts.
At the moment my thoughts linger on my husband, Bill. He takes time off work and so eagerly and happily tends to the kids while their mom is away. He is a wonderful husband and an awesome father. I left him with color-coded schedules, reminder notes, the doctor's phone number (just in case), and a whole lot of advice about this or that. He probably thought I didn't trust him with my babies. As always, he sails through with flying colors, a bit tired and somewhat bruised, but nevertheless everything turns out fine in the end. I was impressed with his handling of a teething baby, a kindergarten screening, a field trip (which needed a sack lunch prepared), a swimming/birthday party, a trip to church alone with the kids, and every other detail that is known to stay-at-home moms around the world.
Now that the trip is over, and everyone is back to their normal responsibilities of Dad at work and Mom at work too, just in the home instead of out, I am met with a first for myself. My kids are now telling me, "That is not the way Dad does it Mom!" What? Are you serious? I leave for five days and it is out with the old mom ways and in with the newer and better Dad ways. You may think I am mad; I am not. I just realize that there is more than one way to do something and that my husband loved, cared for, played with, and nurtured my children while I had a chance to recharge my "mom batteries"! You can't beat that! I am a blessed woman. Our family is blessed to have a great leader- our Daddy!



2 comments:
Bill rocks the house. So do you, Jenn. Did I ever tell you about the time I left for Women's Conf with Durrell and Ster's parting words to me were, "Come back Happy!" HMMMM. I sure love that man.
They do manage to do a pretty good job when we leave them to take a "mom trip" but usually in the weeks after I get back I will hear some pretty funny observations about things that happen while dad is in charge.
So glad you are publicly blogging...hooray!!
Post a Comment