

Erin's last day of 1st grade, complete with flowers for the teacher. She picked them out herself this morning at the local grocery store's floral department because scatter-brained mom wasn't more organized. You can't win 'em all ya know. This year of school has been an adventure. There were lots of bumps along the way and lots of new stuff too, like a new school, new teacher, and new friends. Erin decided that riding the bus wasn't as grand as she thought it would be. Moving in the midst of the school year wasn't so grand either, and I wouldn't recommend it, if it can be avoided. We opted that keeping the family united was a better option than waiting for the school year to end. I don't regret the decision, but it was tougher than we anticipated.
Dropping Erin off at school was sort of bittersweet. She is growing up so quickly. It is also the last time to see her walk away alone. Next year Shannon starts kindergarten, and that is bittersweet too. I always thought I would relish the time my kids were all in school and I could have more time to myself, but now as two of the three are on the verge of leaving the nest I think it makes me kinda sad. Maybe I should go eat some chocolate and plan some fun, bonding family fun while I have them to myself for the summer.
1 comment:
Last day for my boys too. It is wierd how fast they grow up. I just look forward to spending the summer with them!
Post a Comment