Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Things I swore I would never say to my kids!

When I was a kid, usually when I was in trouble, I would defiantly proclaim, "I hate it when you say that to me. I will never say that when I am a mom, and I have my own kids!!!!" Never say never, because now I have been eating some mighty tasty humble pie! Here are some things I swore I would never, under any circumstances, say to my kids!
  • Just a minute.
  • When it is your car, you can listen to whatever music you want.
  • Don't make me come in there.
  • Stop crying or I will give you something to cry about.
  • I don't care if all your friends have one.
  • My house, my rules.
  • Because I said so, that's why.
  • If I had a nickel for every time I said no to that, I would be rich.
  • If your friends jump off a cliff, are you going to follow?
  • Were you raised in a barn? Close the door.
  • In or out, you decide or I will decide for you.
  • Are you going to wear that?
  • You're grounded.
  • You just wait until your Dad gets home.
  • Money doesn't grow on trees.
  • No, you can't sit with your friends during church.
  • You will sit there until you finish your supper.
  • I hope you have a kid just like you one day.
  • Friends come and go, but families are forever.
  • Cleanliness is next to godliness.
  • If I have to clean up your toys, I will throw them away.
  • I may be the meanest mom, but I am the only one you've got.
  • Don't roll your eyes at me.
  • Look at me when I talk to you.
  • If you stick your lip out like that, a bird will come poop on it.
  • I can't be in two places at one time.

3 comments:

another day in the life of... said...

How about, "I don't have to explain myself to you, I'm the MOM!"

Brownie Bites said...

Oh, for heaven's sake!!!

Natalie said...

Jenn- you totally had me cracking up. All too true I am afraid :)