As a kid, I always knew when I was in serious trouble when my mother would holler all three of my names-first, middle, and last. I knew that meant to attend to whatever my mother wanted, and to do it with great haste or suffer the consequences. I can't imagine the day when I would ever summons him to me by calling him by his real complete name of Sean Patrick Dermody, mad or not. For me, and our whole family, it has just become second nature to call him Sean Patrick Jingleheimer Schmidt.
Some of our friends and family already know that if you want Sean to hand over one of his beautiful little smiles then sing him that popular kids song, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, but do it Dermody style. It works almost every time.
Sean Patrick Jingleheimer Schmidt,
His name is my name too.
Whenever we go out
The people always shout,
"There goes Sean Patrick Jingleheimer Schmidt."
da, da, da, da, da, da, da
Sean Patrick Jingleheimer Schmidt,
His name is my name too...
(repeat as many times as you can stand it-we all have our limits!)
His name is my name too.
Whenever we go out
The people always shout,
"There goes Sean Patrick Jingleheimer Schmidt."
da, da, da, da, da, da, da
Sean Patrick Jingleheimer Schmidt,
His name is my name too...
(repeat as many times as you can stand it-we all have our limits!)



1 comment:
We love that song, we used to sing the original version to my brother whose name is Jacob. It is fun to have nicknames, one day he'll wonder why he thought his last name was Schmidt.
Post a Comment