Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Phew, it has been HOT!

It has always been funny to me how most people, including myself, complain about the winter and how cold it. We says stuff like, when is the cold, miserable weather going to end? I have had enough of winter. I am ready for warmer days and fun in the sun. Then, when the seasons turn and the days get warmer nobody likes that either. I guess when it comes to weather, most of us are "fair weather" friends of Mother Nature. Just like Goldie Locks of "Goldie Locks and the Three Bears," we like everything just perfect; not too hot and not too cold, but just right.
In New England for the last few days it has been HOT and HUMID! I reckoned that by living in the northeast part of the country that my days of hot weather, coupled with loads of humitity, were just a distant childhood memory, but I was sorely mistaken. Bill took our air conditioner out of the basement and put it in our bedroom window. He used pieces of styrofoam to fill in the spaces between the unit and the window frame. Perfect, we are all set. The living room has an air conditioner in there too, and so the hot part of the house is the kid's rooms. We are working on that part, but for now I am saying, "Bless the heavens above for air conditioners! Ahhhhh, the bliss of cold air filling the spaces of my hot home."
The kids have taken to playing in our bedroom since Bill installed the air conditioner in there. Who can blame them? Usually playing in our room is strictly forbidden, but I can be flexible when I need to. Big mistake, HUGE mistake. I hear a strange sound coming from my room, a sort of squeaky sound, combined with roaring laughter and glee. Somehow my motherly intuition said to me, "Jenn, grab the camera. You'll want to document this and then rat the kids out on the family blog!" As I turned the corner to my room, with my camera in my hands, I hear the kids proclaim, "It's snowing. It's snowing." I don't know exactly how they destroyed the styrofoam, but they dug out a hole in it with their busy little hands. My first instinct was not to snap a picture, but rather to snap at the kids instead. The picture gives you a glimpse of the mess that synthetic snow can create in the house in June. You can't turn your back on the little leprechauns for two seconds without them getting into trouble somehow. Do I need to say that the girls spent some time in the corner?

3 comments:

another day in the life of... said...

what a mess. at least you are all cooler now!

Brownie Bites said...

Good thing our little leprechauns don't play together or there would be real trouble. They get into enough trouble on their own. I'm glad you had your camera. Heaven bless those little angels and their mother!!!

Natalie said...

I am always amazed how quickly kids can distroy things. I tell Kevan all the time that I spend the majority of the day cleaning up messes that didn't exist when he left for work- LOL!