Don't turn your back on the woods while doing yard work. That is my advice. I was weed whacking yesterday when my ol' feathered friend payed me yet another visit. Man, that bird is driving me nuts. I think it was just curious about the weed whacker. Curious, but not afraid. At least this time I had more than a broom to defend myself. Fat lot of good that did me. It still stalked me and then flew right at my face, but never touched me. I abandoned my yard work, more like turned and ran from it, and headed for the safety of my own home. It wasn't a hard decision to flee, the bird was right behind me pressing me along. I could hear the sound of it wings flapping behind me, a sound that I now cringe at. Talk about your home being a refuge from the outside world. Ours has certainly become that or a sort of prison cell protecting us from Mr. Ruffy. This is his territory, or so he thinks, and he is willing to defend it. Anyone want to come over for a visit at the Dermody house? You never know what adventure may be lurking just beyond the edge of the woods.(Beware. I know that some of you reading this blog live in the same territory as the Ruffed Grouse, and they don't like to share!)



2 comments:
Post a Comment