I have to admit that yesterday I was bitten, multiple times I might add, by the lazy bug. I couldn't motivate myself to do anything that wasn't absolutely necessary like diaper changes, feeding hungry kids, or enforcing safety rules. Late in the afternoon, I lay half comatose on the sofa, when I realized that something fun was going on at the computer. My kids have discovered the Photo Booth application on the tool bar located at the bottom of our computer screen. For those of you who don't own a mac and who don't know what Photo Booth is, let me explain. Our mac came with a built-in camera. I think it does video too. All you have to do it double click the Photo Booth icon, shown above to the left, and the fun begins. You may choose many different effects like, sepia tone, black and white, comic book style, thermal imaging, colored pencil, normal pictures, and others on the first effects screen. On the second effects screen, you may squeeze, stretch, mirror, bulge, dent, and twirl, among other things, to your beautiful normal self and then you end up with some pretty crazy, fun stuff. Since kids are practically born with a mouse in their hands these days, and since they aren't afraid to click on any available icon, the photo session began. They were having so much fun that I just had to pry my lazy self off the sofa and join in. We ended up taking about 150 pictures. It was way too much fun!
When I was a kid, we didn't have stuff like this available at just the click of a mouse. In fact we didn't do anything at all with a mouse, except try to kill it. A trip to the state fair or amusement park, that hosted a hall of mirrors,was the only way to view one's self in such twisted, comic, silly illusions. Now, thanks to modern technology, we can do it all in the comfort and convenience of our own homes. How delightful.....I think! I makes for a good belly laugh, and honestly, I can't believe that I am going to publish some of our creations for all to see. For Pete's sake, what's this world coming to?......BTW, who is Pete!?



2 comments:
Sounds like you have your next Monday Musing..."for Pete's sake." Who IS that guy?
I think its good ol st. peter. (i grew up in a catholic home where there is a saint for every mood to belt out!)
i want a mac!
Post a Comment